Growing Real Opportunities in the Workforce views the nation as one body. If the health of one area is not well, it affects the whole. At G.R.O.W. we not only focus on the parts of the nation that are in need of help, but are also interested in developing the areas of the country that seem to be managing well. We believe that assisting underprivileged communities is vital. We also believe that our services should be available for all and we fully expect spill over from our targeted audience. Our aim is to not only help the individuals in the community and the community itself, but to also contribute to the well being of our nation to produce a stronger future generation and economy.
G.R.O.W. works to inspire young people by introducing career goals to foster discovery and to cultivate their distinctive talents. Using interactive media, mentorship, and providing professional opportunities we enable individuals to realize their full potential, hone their specific skills, and support them in contributing their talents to our society’s economic health.
G.R.O.W. provides three phases of A.I.M. (Assessment, Imagination, Management) that encourages self-actualization and ultimately builds a dynamic roadmap for each student’s future.
Why G.R.O.W. is Needed
- According to the U.S. Census Bureau only 23% of college graduates go into jobs related to their majors.
- 63% of employers say that recent college grads don’t have the skills they need to succeed.
- Ignite reports that more than 95% of workers in the U.S. are in the wrong roles.
- A recent Gallup study concluded that 71% of American workers are not engaged at their jobs.
- Deloitte’s Shift Index survey indicates that 80% of workers don’t like their jobs.
- Giving purpose and passion to youth increases productivity and the health of our nation.
- Giving purpose and passion to at risk youth reverses the pipeline to jail.
- Career unhappiness leads to numerous health problems and more people in the U.S. die on Monday mornings at 9am than any other time.